ICSI helps to overcome fertility problems, such as:
• The male partner produces too few sperm to do artificial insemination (intrauterine insemination [IUI]) or IVF.
• The sperm may not move in a normal fashion.
• The sperm may have trouble attaching to the egg.
• A blockage in the male reproductive tract may keep sperm from getting out.
• Eggs have not fertilized by traditional IVF, regardless of the condition of the sperm.
• In vitro matured eggs are being used.
• Previously frozen eggs are being used.