Taking less salt reduces blood pressure and has no other bad effect in our body. Children adjusted to a low sodium diet have reduced chances of increased blood pressure in later life. In addition to reducing blood pressure low sodium diet also reduces the risk of stroke and fatal heart disease in adults. Reduced sodium intake lowers blood pressure in all age groups and in both male and female populations.
There are a number of ways to decrease sodium intake in food:
1) Less salt in cooking foods
2) Change kitchen routine from high-sodium to low-sodium foods by avoiding processed foods
3) switch to substitute salts like rock salt, low sodium salt, etc
4) Reduce salt while other flavors and spices
5) Salty taste without sodium or food processing with less sodium